- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIn the Drope family it is a tradition to make cinnamon rolls on christmas morning. In '07 my mom was in the hospital and i thought it would be nice to sure our traditions with the nurses that had been taking care of her. so instead of bringing store bought "break and Bake" rolls i made these. they loved them and mom said that these would be our new tradition.
- 2 cups sifted AP flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Combine 2 cups sifted AP flour, 1 T. baking powder, 1t. salt, 1/4 t. baking soda in a meduim bowl and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Add 3/4 cup buttermilk and stir until well blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly. spread melted butter over the dough.
- Combine 3/4 cup of sugar with 1 t. cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up Rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut the rolls into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices, cutside up, in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until ligtly browned, about 15-20 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour milk over the top, if desired. serve hot!
- After kneading and before rolling out the dough I cut it in half. This will give you small pieces to roll out, thus giving you small biscuits like poppers. I just packed them into a round silcone cake pan. This helps when taking them out (a lot easier). Also in my oven it took about 22 min. but oven vary so...