- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sifted AP flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Combine 2 cups sifted AP flour, 1 T. baking powder, 1t. salt, 1/4 t. baking soda in a meduim bowl and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Add 3/4 cup buttermilk and stir until well blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly. spread melted butter over the dough.
- Combine 3/4 cup of sugar with 1 t. cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up Rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut the rolls into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices, cutside up, in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until ligtly browned, about 15-20 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour milk over the top, if desired. serve hot!
- After kneading and before rolling out the dough I cut it in half. This will give you small pieces to roll out, thus giving you small biscuits like poppers. I just packed them into a round silcone cake pan. This helps when taking them out (a lot easier). Also in my oven it took about 22 min. but oven vary so...
NotesIn the Drope family it is a tradition to make cinnamon rolls on christmas morning. In '07 my mom was in the hospital and i thought it would be nice to sure our traditions with the nurses that had been taking care of her. so instead of bringing store bought "break and Bake" rolls i made these. they loved them and mom said that these would be our new tradition.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More