- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches (A square pan, 8x8x2 inches, can be used, but increase the baking time).
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NotesI prefer a light, sweet and moist cornbread, so I took a basic recipe and modified it to my own tastes.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More