- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches (A square pan, 8x8x2 inches, can be used, but increase the baking time).
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NotesI prefer a light, sweet and moist cornbread, so I took a basic recipe and modified it to my own tastes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Summertime SippersSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More