- Cooking Time: 22-23 minutes
- Servings: nine fine people
- Preparation Time: 6 well spent minutes
- one cup cornmeal
- one cup flour (half white, half whole wheat)
- half tea spoon salt
- four tea spoons baking powder
- one egg (preferably large all natural brown)
- one cup milk (soy or rice milk can also be used)
- one third cup butter
- and local honey (or agave)
- and sugar
- preheat 425.
- mix dry.
- mix liquid.
- mix all together.
- craftily draw an auto-mobile of your choice (or bicycle if you prefer less sweet) over the top of mixture with a bottle of local honey (helps with allergies) or agave. mix.
- pour into 8X8 pan, greased. or 12 muffin tins.
- sprinkle sugar over top to make a white blanket.
- bake 22-23 minutes or until golden brown, slightly cool, butter and enjoy! or fully cool and place in a bowl of soy milk for breakfast.
NotesIn the Spring of 2007 I got a word from the Lord and packed my begs to move to the fine City of Kansas, Missouri. The night before my departure many of my MidWest Omaha friends and family came to my white two story house off Saddle Creek & California Street to drink nine bottles of cheep wine from the cooler of the 'classy' restaurant I once worked for and to celebrate my ten wild months in that city of old memories. My brother, Brian, arrived early so I promptly made him help me cook a small amount of corn bread to accommodate the other snacks I can't even remember which they were at this party. I watched him as he placed items I have never seen in cornbread into this once small bowl to be mixed.
It could have been the best cornbread of my life.
I have come to modify it for my own health conscious self, so that is what I am going to give you. Loosely, of course. But I do hope this blesses you! And your eight friends who delight as well.