- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryI got this from my sister in law for Thanksgiving... its one of my all time favorites. I tweaked it just a little though to be more southern style.
- 1 loaf of day old wheat bread (I get mine from the clearance rack in the bakery)
- 1 Granny Apple chopped (don't peel)
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can swanson chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Break up the loaf into a large bowl the night before (or slice bread and let sit in the oven on low heat 200 degrees or less) for 20 minutes.
- Add all spices, apple, pecans and cranberries
- Add broth and mix with your hands to get the liquid through everything.
- Stuff turkey with it or put it in a glass baking dish.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes in the dish covered in tin foil at 350 degrees