- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 loaf of day old wheat bread (I get mine from the clearance rack in the bakery)
- 1 Granny Apple chopped (don't peel)
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can swanson chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Break up the loaf into a large bowl the night before (or slice bread and let sit in the oven on low heat 200 degrees or less) for 20 minutes.
- Add all spices, apple, pecans and cranberries
- Add broth and mix with your hands to get the liquid through everything.
- Stuff turkey with it or put it in a glass baking dish.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes in the dish covered in tin foil at 350 degrees
NotesI got this from my sister in law for Thanksgiving... its one of my all time favorites. I tweaked it just a little though to be more southern style.
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More