SWEET HERBED SHRIMP
- Servings: 4
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced, peeled gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine or other long-grain white rice
- Green onions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
Combine water, dark brown sugar, gingerroot, fish sauce, cracked pepper and garlic in a large nonstick skillet; stir well.
Place over high heat and cook 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, or until shrimp is done, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Stir in basil and lime juice.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
Garnish with green onions.