- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced, peeled gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine or other long-grain white rice
- Green onions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
- Combine water, dark brown sugar, gingerroot, fish sauce, cracked pepper and garlic in a large nonstick skillet; stir well.
- Place over high heat and cook 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, or until shrimp is done, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil and lime juice.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More