SWEET HOT MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh small button mushrooms
- Parsley sprigs or orange wedges for garnish
Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and garnish in a saucepan.
Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is well-blended.
Place mushrooms in heat-proof bowl.
Pour hot marinade over mushrooms.
Cover and marinate 3 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
Arrange mushrooms in serving dish.
Garnish and serve.