- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 (6-inch-square) matzos
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Soak matzos in cold water until slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on a rack.
- Stir together cottage cheese, eggs, 6 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, pecans and raisins.
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking dish or pan with half of butter.
- Put 1 matzo in dish and spread half of cottage-cheese mixture over it. Top with another matzo and remaining cottage-cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining matzo, brush with remaining butter, and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Bake pudding in middle of oven until golden, puffed and set, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve pudding warm
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More