- Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 2 cups all purpose flour
- * 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- * 1 tablespoon baking powder
- * 3/4 teaspoon salt
- * 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut in small pieces
- * 2 tablespoons shortening, chilled
- * 3/4 cup milk, low fat or whole
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl. With a pastry cutter, cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in milk just until clumping. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, just until the dough holds together. Pat into a circle about 1/4 to 1/2-inch in thickness. Cut out with a 1 or 2-inch diameter round cutter. Place the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Makes about 2 dozen, depending on size
NotesUse these little biscuits to make mini strawberry shortcakes, or serve with small slices of ham or sausage gravy. These make a great base for passed hors d'oeuvres.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More