SWEET MILK BISCUITS
- Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 2 cups all purpose flour
- * 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- * 1 tablespoon baking powder
- * 3/4 teaspoon salt
- * 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut in small pieces
- * 2 tablespoons shortening, chilled
- * 3/4 cup milk, low fat or whole
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl. With a pastry cutter, cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in milk just until clumping. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, just until the dough holds together. Pat into a circle about 1/4 to 1/2-inch in thickness. Cut out with a 1 or 2-inch diameter round cutter. Place the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Makes about 2 dozen, depending on size
NotesUse these little biscuits to make mini strawberry shortcakes, or serve with small slices of ham or sausage gravy. These make a great base for passed hors d'oeuvres.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More