- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil + 2 tblsps butter
- 1+lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 2-3 sm green chilis, seeded & chopped (or, sub 1 sm can, drained)
- 1 lg red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 med sweet Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp cilantro, minced
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1 tblsp sugar
- 28 oz can Dei Frattelli crushed tomatoes
- 2 tblsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 +/- water, to cover
- Add'l 2tsps butter
- Crusty French baguette
- Heat oil & butter in heavy Dutch oven; sauté sprouts, peppers, onion and garlic til tender, approx 6-10min.
- Add cilantro; toss and cook to wilt.
- Add sugar; toss and cook til veggies begin to carmelize and glaze themselves, 3-4min.
- Add tomatoes and vinegar and combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and stew 20-30min til tender, adding water if necessary.
- Finish with butter after removing from heat to serve, stirring to blend in.
- Tear a chunk of bread off, put in a bowl and serve with stewed sprouts served over.
NotesWho out there doesn't love Brussels Sprouts? Everyone loves them? I can relate!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More