- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can (1 lb. 4 oz.) unsweetened apple slices
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet. Stir in honey and cinnamon, then heat until bubbly. Add apples and lemon rind, then cook until hot. Keep warm.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks with remaining sugar until light and thick. Beat in cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. Fold yolks into whites until thoroughly blended.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat melt the remaining butter. Pour in the egg mixture and spread evenly in pan. Cook over low heat without stirring until omelet is golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Place skillet in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until omelet feels firm. Remove from oven. Ease half of omelet onto a plate, spoon apple filling onto the omelet, then fold the remaining half of omelet over the filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
A Falcon FeastSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More