- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. bite-size corn square cereal
- 4 c. bite-size rice square cereal
- 2 c. pretzel knots
- 1 c. sliced almonds
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. light-colored corn syrup
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries
- In a large roasting pan combine corn cereal, rice cereal, pretzels, and almonds; set aside. In a medium sauce pan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, without stirring, for 5 minutes more.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes; stir cereal mixture and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; stir in dried fruit.
- Spread on a large piece of buttered foil to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More