- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2 large & 1 small sweet potato), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 McIntosh apples, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sodium reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF. In a very large skillet, heat the butter over moderate heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add the sweet potatoes, apples, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and lemon juice, and cook until the sugar has melted. Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Nutritional facts: Per Serving: Calories 307; Fiber 8 grams; Protein 4 grams; Total Fat 4 grams; Cholestrol 8mg; Sodium 495mg.
- Serves 4. Serve with Oven Fried Chicken and a Salad.
- The source of this recipe is "Eat Well Stay Well" cookbook.
NotesThe source of this recipe is "Eat Well Stay Well" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cooking for a Cure
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More