- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2 large & 1 small sweet potato), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 McIntosh apples, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sodium reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF. In a very large skillet, heat the butter over moderate heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add the sweet potatoes, apples, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and lemon juice, and cook until the sugar has melted. Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Nutritional facts: Per Serving: Calories 307; Fiber 8 grams; Protein 4 grams; Total Fat 4 grams; Cholestrol 8mg; Sodium 495mg.
- Serves 4. Serve with Oven Fried Chicken and a Salad.
- The source of this recipe is "Eat Well Stay Well" cookbook.
NotesThe source of this recipe is "Eat Well Stay Well" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More