- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 30 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 1 and ½ sticks of unsalted butter, room temp.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 TB cooked & mashed sweet potato
- 1 and ½ cups of mildly sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ts baking powder
- ¼ ts cinnamon
- ¾ ts salt
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats (or quick cooking)
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 and ½ cups pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, whisk a bit; place to the side.
- In another separate bowl combine the oats, raisins, pecans and chocolate chips, mix well.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. Add eggs, then the sweet potatoes, and then the cheddar cheese, combine. Then fold in the dry ingredients; then pecan, raisins and oat mixture.
- Don’t over mix, just fold in.
- Drop by tablespoon size onto a non stick cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. These cookies do rise a bit. You could shape them into smaller sizes if you want.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until a light golden brown around the edges.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More