- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 & 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, beat the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minutes. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 by 12 by 1-inch baking sheet, making an edge around the outside. It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour. Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and stir. Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Stir in milk, vanilla and salt, making sure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Pour over cooled crust and bake 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.
NotesThis is a recipe I created combining my sweet potato recipe and the crust from the Pecan Bars I listed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More