- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes (approximately two potatoes) boiled or baked
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil or bake sweet potatoes till completely cooked through and soft (approximately one hour).
- Put all ingredients into a pot and simmer on low heat while stirring for about 15 minutes till ingredients are blended.
- Let cool for a few minutes and blend to a smooth consistency in a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Put into small jars and refrigerate (will keep for about two weeks) or can for longer storage.
NotesFor the first time in my life, I decided to enter a cooking contest---The Sweet Potato Recipe Contest sponsored by the Sweet Potato Commission of North Carolina. For a mid-afternoon snack, my grandma used to smear some apple butter on some white bread and we were happy kids. But apple butter (which, despite its name, contains NO butter) takes hours of simmering and stewing and all that. But, with a bunch of boiled sweet potatoes left over from a failed attempt at making sweet potato biscotti---I decided to switch tactics. This sweet potato butter is AMAZING and, out of all my sweet potato recipes, I decided upon this one as my contest entry. Even if I don't win the contest, I already feel I'm a winner for having come up with this baby!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Adventures in Cooking
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More