- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400F for about 1 hour or until tender. Let cool to touch; peel and mash sweet potatoes.
- Beat mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine cornflakes cereal and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle diagonally over casserole in rows 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle alternate rows with marshmallows; bake 10 additional minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
NotesFrom "Southern Living" We started with this mouthwatering casserole and modified the toppings to satisfy lovers of crunchy pecans and cornflakes as well as marshmallows.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More