Sweet Potato Casserole
* 3 cups firmly packed unseasoned mashed sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
* 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 2-quart casserole and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, beating until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
3. Scoop into the casserole, spreading to the edge and roughing the surface. Bake uncovered on the middle oven shelf for about 45 minutes or until tipped with brown.
4. Serve hot as an accompaniment to roast turkey, chicken, or pork. Good, too, with pork chops.
Pairs Well With
Picture from: www.worldsbestcookingmenu.blogspot.com