- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 cups firmly packed unseasoned mashed sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- * 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- * 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- * 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- * 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 2-quart casserole and set aside.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, beating until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- 3. Scoop into the casserole, spreading to the edge and roughing the surface. Bake uncovered on the middle oven shelf for about 45 minutes or until tipped with brown.
- 4. Serve hot as an accompaniment to roast turkey, chicken, or pork. Good, too, with pork chops.
NotesPicture from: www.worldsbestcookingmenu.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More