- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/8 c olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kefir Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried, minced onion
- 2 chipotle peppers, canned in adobo, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes.
- Chop the ends off the potatoes and slice into ½ inch planks, lengthwise. Slice again lengthwise for ½ inch thick sticks.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and cumin in a large mixing bowl and lay out on a baking sheet with 1 inch of space between pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries with tongs and bake again for 6 minutes or until dark and crisp on both sides.
- Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving with fries.
NotesI love recipes with healthy substitutes. Sweet potatoes with a homemade kefir dipping sauce are the perfect way to get a delicious, healthful side while ditching the fryer and high-fat dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More