- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- *Ingredient Option: One medium baked winter squash or sweet potato leftovers measuring about 2 1/2 cups can easily substitute for the sweet potato.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub oil over potatoes and pierce them with a fork about 5 times each to let steam escape. Place on baking sheet and bake until soft, about 30 to 50 minutes, depending on size. Remove and let cool.
- 2. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel then mash flesh in large bowl. Measure out 2 1/2 cups potato in bowl for use in recipe. Mix in cinnamon, walnuts, goat cheese, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- 3. Place about 2 teaspoons of potato mixture onto each of 24 wonton wrappers. Brush edges of wrappers with egg and top with another wrapper. Remove all air pockets and seal well. Dust lightly with flour.
- 4. In large pot of salted boiling water, boil ravioli about 8 at a time for about 3 minutes. This will take a few rounds of boiling. Place 4 ravioli each in 6 bowls and keep warm.
- 5. To make sage broth, bring stock to a boil in medium-sized saucepan. Add sage and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes then turn off heat. Mix in butter and stir until melted. Spoon broth then goat cheese over ravioli.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Jean’s Recipe File
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More