- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 T chopped onion
- 1 C soft bread crumbs
- 1 C cooked loose sweet sausage
- 2 T fat from sausage - or butter
- 4 Cornish Hens
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 C Butter
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 3 cloves crushed and mashed garlic
- 1 T fresh mashed ginger
- 2 t dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375'
- Mix butter, thyme and garlic till smooth.
- Rinse hens. Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper, stuff with potato filling. Rub outer skin with 1/4 of the butter mixture.
- Bake - 375 -- about an hour (depends on size)
- Baste every 15 minutes with butter, using all by the time hens are cooked.
- Deglaze pan with 1/3 cup white wine, spoon over hens
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More