- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 T chopped onion
- 1 C soft bread crumbs
- 1 C cooked loose sweet sausage
- 2 T fat from sausage - or butter
- 4 Cornish Hens
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 C Butter
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 3 cloves crushed and mashed garlic
- 1 T fresh mashed ginger
- 2 t dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375'
- Mix butter, thyme and garlic till smooth.
- Rinse hens. Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper, stuff with potato filling. Rub outer skin with 1/4 of the butter mixture.
- Bake - 375 -- about an hour (depends on size)
- Baste every 15 minutes with butter, using all by the time hens are cooked.
- Deglaze pan with 1/3 cup white wine, spoon over hens
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More