- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 T chopped onion
- 1 C soft bread crumbs
- 1 C cooked loose sweet sausage
- 2 T fat from sausage - or butter
- 4 Cornish Hens
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 C Butter
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 3 cloves crushed and mashed garlic
- 1 T fresh mashed ginger
- 2 t dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375'
- Mix butter, thyme and garlic till smooth.
- Rinse hens. Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper, stuff with potato filling. Rub outer skin with 1/4 of the butter mixture.
- Bake - 375 -- about an hour (depends on size)
- Baste every 15 minutes with butter, using all by the time hens are cooked.
- Deglaze pan with 1/3 cup white wine, spoon over hens
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More