SWEET POTATO MADELEINES WITH CHOCOLATE-ORANGE GANACHE
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 13 minutes
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mashed, cooled sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; grease a Madeleine pan with butter or spray with cooking spray.
Whisk together the cake flour and the baking powder; set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until thick and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and the butter and continue to beat for another 2 minutes. Beat in the sweet potatoes, salt, nutmeg, orange zest and vanilla. Carefully fold in the flour/baking powder mixture, and stir until incorporated.
Fill each portion of the Madeleine pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on a wire rack.
When cooled, dip into warm Chocolate-Orange Ganache. Place on waxed paper and chill to set chocolate.
For the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat the cream, butter, and orange zest in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.