- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 13 minutes
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mashed, cooled sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; grease a Madeleine pan with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the cake flour and the baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until thick and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and the butter and continue to beat for another 2 minutes. Beat in the sweet potatoes, salt, nutmeg, orange zest and vanilla. Carefully fold in the flour/baking powder mixture, and stir until incorporated.
- Fill each portion of the Madeleine pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cooled, dip into warm Chocolate-Orange Ganache. Place on waxed paper and chill to set chocolate.
- For the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat the cream, butter, and orange zest in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
NotesI'm always trying to find new ways to use sweet potatoes. Let's get fancy and use them in a nice French tea cake. What do you think? Would Proust approve?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
The Italian Exchange
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More