- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 big sweet potato, cut into pieces, steamed until soft and mashed
- 200g glutinous rice flour
- pinch of salt
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Filling for the ball:
- 100g grated gula melaka
- Grating for the ball:
- 200g grated coconut (white part only) and a pinch of salt.Steam for 5 minutes and leave to cool. (This helps it to keep better and the grated coconut won't spoil so fast.)
- Bring water, salt and tapioca flour to a boil over low heat. Keep stirring until almost transparent and sticky (texture a bit like glue.)
- Pour the mixture immediately into the glutinous rice flour in a large mixing bowl. Stir till it is well absorbed. Add the mashed sweet potato and mix well to form a dough until the dough no longer sticks to your hand.
- In a pot, boil the water until boiling. Roll the pieces of dough into small balls with your palms. Then flatten the ball and put a bit of the filling in the centre.
- Seal the ball and roll again into round balls. Drop the balls into boiling water until they float to the surface (about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes). Then it's ready to be removed with a strainer.
- Coat the round balls with grated coconut & it's ready....yippie
- Remember...because it's made of coconut so to ensure freshness, it is better to prepare it in the morning, keep in a cool place and consume before end day.
NotesI must say that i am really not a very talented cook but somehow, the child in me seems to love whipping up something every now & then....so i typically choose to make simpler items which looks good....this is something i made today...it reallie quite simple
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More