- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- About half a (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- Bake sweet potato at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes (until easily pierced by a fork). Let cool, then peel
- and mash.
- Combine potato, pecans, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, blend milk, sugar, and eggs thoroughly. Heat this mixture in a saucepan over
- medium heat for 5 minutes, but don't let it come to a boil. Chill completely in the refrigerator.
- Combine the two mixtures and process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's
Notesa little southern from ice cream delights: