- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 10 graham crackers (or 1 1/3 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Sweet-Potato Puree
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. with rack on lowest shelf. Make crust: In a food processor, pulse graham crackers, sugar, ginger, and salt until finely ground. Add butter; pulse until mixture forms large, moist crumbs. Press crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Make filling: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add sweet-potato purée, half-and-half, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and allspice; whisk until completely smooth. Pour filling into crust; smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake until filling is set, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack to cool completely, about 2 hours. Pie can be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated; serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesThis Southern classic is a great alternative to pumpkin pie. The custard filling is creamier and less dense, as well as brighter in color. Top with whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Taste of CenturyLink
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More