- Cooking Time: 1hr 50min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30min
- * 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
- * 1/2 cup butter, softened
- * 1 cup white sugar
- * 1/2 cup milk
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1. Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- 2. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
NotesI love Sweet Potato Pie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The Naked MacaronSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More