- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 2 10-12 inch pizzas
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 envelope (2 ¼ teaspoons) yeast
- 3-3 ½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (about ½ of a large sweet potato)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a pizza stone to 450 degrees.
- Place the water, olive oil and honey in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Stir in the yeast and let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes, or until the yeast starts to bubble. Add 3 cups of the flour, the sweet potatoes and the salt.
- Fit the dough hook on a stand mixer and knead the dough for about 5 minutes, adding additional flour, if needed. The dough should “clean” the side of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl, turning once so that the top of the dough is lightly oiled. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and set in a warm, draft free area for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the dough has doubled.
- Punch it down, and divide in half. Shape dough into a 12” circle. Place on a cornmeal covered pizza peel, and top with desired toppings. Slide the pizza on to the preheated pizza stone and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbling.
- For a special treat, top with my recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Beets and Onions.
NotesI used this as the crust for my Double Sweets and Beets pizza. The sweet potato gives it a wonderful orange color!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More