- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 4 cups grated)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- juice of 1 small lime
- Peel and grade sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl. Put into combined milk and cream.
- In a seperate bowl, cream butter and sugar; combine with sweet potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour mixture in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, then stir; continue baking until a light brown crust forms on top.
NotesThis dessert comes from the beautiful US Virgin Islands.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
NFPG Recipe Collection
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More