- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 4 cups grated)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- juice of 1 small lime
- Peel and grade sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl. Put into combined milk and cream.
- In a seperate bowl, cream butter and sugar; combine with sweet potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour mixture in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, then stir; continue baking until a light brown crust forms on top.
NotesThis dessert comes from the beautiful US Virgin Islands.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More