- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 cup bran cereal (finely crushed)
- * 1/2 cup finely crushed pecans
- * 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- * 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- * 1/4 cup brown sugar
- * 1/4 cup white sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- * 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1 teaspoon cloves
- * 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- * 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch pie tin with non-stick spray. Combine bran cereal, pecans and egg white in a small bowl, and then press it into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Add sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger cloves and eggs. Mix until well blended. Switch mixer speed to low and add milk until thoroughly combined. Pour into pie crust and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted into the pie comes out clean. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NotesPralines are a traditional candy patties consisting of sugar, cream and pecans and can be found in most convenience stores and supermarkets in New Orleans. Satisfy guests’ sweet tooth at your Mardi Gras party and tempt them with a scrumptious sweet potato pie with a delicious praline crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More