- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 8 or 9-ounce redfish fillet, trimmed as needed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 4 ounces sweet potato crust
- 1 ounce clarified butter
- 3 ounces fresh spinach, cleaned
- Pinch Creole seasoning
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1½ ounces andouille cream drizzle
- Chopped green onions
- Sprinkle the redfish with salt and Creole seasoning. Spread the sweet potato crust on top of the fish.
- In a hot skillet, add the clarified butter, then the fish, crust side up, to brown quickly. Remove fish carefully and place in another pan, with a little of the melted butter, if desired. Bake in hot oven, 450 degrees, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet. Do not turn fish. Don't overbake. When fish is cooked, crust should be nicely browned.
- Sauté spinach in clarified butter or margarine and season with Creole seasoning, salt and pepper. Drain spinach and put in center of plate. Place catfish on top, allowing the spinach to be seen on either side of the fish. Drizzle the sauce around the fish and spinach.
- Garnish the fish with chopped green onions.
- Serves 1.
- Sweet Potato Crust:
- 1¼ pounds roasted sweet potato flesh
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Roast (or bake) sweet potatoes. Peel and place the sweet potato flesh and remaining ingredients in mixer. Beat to incorporate.
- Andouille Cream Drizzle:
- ½ pound andouille sausage, diced
- 1½ ounces vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 quart heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 3 tablespoons blond roux (see directions)
- Salt, pepper
- Sauté andouille in oil until lightly browned. Add Creole seasoning. Deglaze pan - add the bourbon, scraping pan, tip the pan and pour off the bourbon and juices, leaving the grease to pour off and discard. Return juices to pan and cook to reduce sauce slightly, watching carefully and stirring often. Add honey and cream. Add roux and let simmer until flour taste is gone. Salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More