- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. roasted walnut oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Dash of salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large orange-fleshed sweet potato (about 14 ounces), peeled and cut into 2 inch-thick slices
- Dash of salt
- 1 green onion (both white and green parts), coarsely chopped
- Garnish: Toasted chopped walnuts
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together all of the ingredients, except the parsley, in a small bowl; add the parsley.
- To make the salad, cover the sweet potato slices with water in a small saucepan; add a dash of salt. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until the potato slices are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then drain again. Cut the potato into 1-inch chunks.
- Toss the potato and green onion in a medium bowl. Whisk the vinaigrette; add it to the salad and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Use a slotted spoon to strain the salad for serving. Garnish each serving with walnuts.
NotesYou can plan ahead because this salad will keep for up to 3 days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature for serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
50 Shades of Taste
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More