SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH WALNUT VINAIGRETTE
- Servings: 4
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. roasted walnut oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Dash of salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large orange-fleshed sweet potato (about 14 ounces), peeled and cut into 2 inch-thick slices
- Dash of salt
- 1 green onion (both white and green parts), coarsely chopped
- Garnish: Toasted chopped walnuts
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together all of the ingredients, except the parsley, in a small bowl; add the parsley.
To make the salad, cover the sweet potato slices with water in a small saucepan; add a dash of salt. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until the potato slices are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then drain again. Cut the potato into 1-inch chunks.
Toss the potato and green onion in a medium bowl. Whisk the vinaigrette; add it to the salad and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Use a slotted spoon to strain the salad for serving. Garnish each serving with walnuts.