- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. shallots - minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme, or 2 tsp dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 lb) - peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apples - cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh buttered bread crumbs
- Combine the cream, shallots, thyme, salt and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat stirring occasionally. add the sweet potato slices and reduce heat to low. simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Layer half the sweet potato mixture in a greased baking dish. Top with the sliced apple.
- Repeat with sweet potato mixture and top with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the top and place under the broiler until golden brown
NotesGreat for the holidays...or if you just like sweet potatoes...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Naked Macaron
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More