- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 8 oz egg noodles, cooked per package directions
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; coat a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the sweet potatoes and the honey in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are just fork tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled sweet potatoes with the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; stir in the egg noodles. Pour the noodle mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, melted butter, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spread the cornflakes mixture evenly over the noodles. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the kugel is set and the cornflakes are browned. Serve warm or cold.
NotesThis month our Improv challenge flavors are Sweet Potatoes and Honey. I took my husband's advice and created a beautiful Noodle Kugel with these fabulous ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More