- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Canola, grapeseed or sunflower oil for frying
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- ¼ cup diced sweet onions
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (chopped)
- Kosher salt
- Place potatoes in a pot and fill pot with just enough cool water to cover the potatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft completely through.
- Remove from heat and drain water.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Add remaining ingredients to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop a golf ball sized amount out of the mixture with a spoon and drop into the oil.
- Let brown for 2-3 minutes, then turn to brown on other side another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oil when browned evenly and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all of the mixture has been fried.
- Let drain thoroughly before serving.
- Top with chopped chives.
- Serve warm.
NotesA pantry staple in my household, sweet potatoes are my go to when my bunch is calling for something substantial. They stick to your ribs and give you that feeling of the comfort food granny used to make!
This recipe is a fun twist on savory and sweet. A perfect pairing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Koken met Oma
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More