SWEET POTATOES TOPPED WITH VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN CHILI (BON APPETIT)
- 4 L sweet potatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 C diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 c chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c diced yellow crookneck squash
- 1 T minced seeded jalapeno chile
- 4 lime wedges
- plain nonfat yogurt
- chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400. Place sweet potatoes in baking dish. Pierce potatoes with fork and bake about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in L skillet over med-lo heat. Add pepper and onion; saute until golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and stir 2 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin, then tomatoes with juice and beans; bring mix to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Mix squash and jalapenos into chili; cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
3) Arrange 1 sweet potato on each plate. Split potatoes open; mash flesh slightly. Spoon some chili into center of each. Squeeze lime juice over. Top with yogurt and chopped cilantro, if desired. Pass remaining chili separately.