- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 L sweet potatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 C diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 c chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c diced yellow crookneck squash
- 1 T minced seeded jalapeno chile
- 4 lime wedges
- plain nonfat yogurt
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400. Place sweet potatoes in baking dish. Pierce potatoes with fork and bake about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- 2) Meanwhile, heat oil in L skillet over med-lo heat. Add pepper and onion; saute until golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and stir 2 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin, then tomatoes with juice and beans; bring mix to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Mix squash and jalapenos into chili; cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- 3) Arrange 1 sweet potato on each plate. Split potatoes open; mash flesh slightly. Spoon some chili into center of each. Squeeze lime juice over. Top with yogurt and chopped cilantro, if desired. Pass remaining chili separately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More