- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb medium sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut lengthwise into 8 spears
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup molasses (not robust or blackstrap)
- 1/3 cup bottled horseradish (including juice; 3 oz)
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 450�F.
- If potato spears are very long, halve them diagonally. Toss potatoes with oil and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then spread in 1 layer in a large shallow baking pan (1 inch deep). Roast in lower third of oven, turning once or twice, until tender, 18 to 22 minutes. Leave oven on.
- While potatoes roast, bring butter, molasses, horseradish (with juice), and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and puree 30 seconds (use caution when blending hot liquids). Pour glaze through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof bowl, pressing on and discarding solids. Drizzle glaze over cooked sweet potatoes and gently toss until coated.
- Just before serving, bake glazed sweet potatoes in lower third of oven until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
Notesthe main recipe is here
however i added some changes in the directions. after roasting the potatoes, i basically made the glaze and did not sieve it just added it the potatoes and it was fine. these were a really big hit at thanksgiving.
here is the recipe in all its glory