- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°-115°)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter, or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in milk, sugar, egg, shortening and 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix in enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in ungreased bowl; turn greased side up. (At this point, dough can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days.)
- Cover with plastic wrap to seal bowl before refrigerating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More