- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°-115°)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter, or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in milk, sugar, egg, shortening and 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix in enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in ungreased bowl; turn greased side up. (At this point, dough can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days.)
- Cover with plastic wrap to seal bowl before refrigerating.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More