- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°-115°)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk (scalded, then cooled)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter, or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in milk, sugar, egg, shortening and 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix in enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in ungreased bowl; turn greased side up. (At this point, dough can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days.)
- Cover with plastic wrap to seal bowl before refrigerating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More