- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb large shrimp, butterflied
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/3 sliced bell peppers
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 oz angel hair pasta, cooked
- In a pan, melt butter with garlic.
- Add shrimp and sherry or wine.
- Cook shrimp until 1/2 way pink.
- Add bell pepper and cook through.
- Toss in cooked pasta and lemon juice.
NotesI had a girls night out planned for dinner, but before leaving, I quickly made one of my husband's favorite dishes.... shrimp scampi. The only issue was that I was out of white wine. As a result, I improvised and used some sherry instead. It added a nice sweetness and actually enhanced the dish.
Here is my altered recipe for Shrimp Scampi:
Cooking with Sabra
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More