- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb large shrimp, butterflied
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/3 sliced bell peppers
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 oz angel hair pasta, cooked
- In a pan, melt butter with garlic.
- Add shrimp and sherry or wine.
- Cook shrimp until 1/2 way pink.
- Add bell pepper and cook through.
- Toss in cooked pasta and lemon juice.
NotesI had a girls night out planned for dinner, but before leaving, I quickly made one of my husband's favorite dishes.... shrimp scampi. The only issue was that I was out of white wine. As a result, I improvised and used some sherry instead. It added a nice sweetness and actually enhanced the dish.
Here is my altered recipe for Shrimp Scampi:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More