- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Place strawberries in a saucepan and mash slightly with potato masher.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the strawberries’ juice; mix with cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the berries and let sit for thirty minutes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve over ice cream.
- Makes about 2 cups.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More