- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Acorn squash, one
- Cottage cheese, one cup
- Chopped walnuts, a quarter of a cup
- Raisins, a quarter of a cup
- Diced apple, one
- Butter, two tbsps
- Brown sugar, a quarter cup
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut the acorn squash in half, longwise, and scoop out the seeds. Place the two halves on a cookie sheet in the oven for 35 minutes. Get the other ingredients ready.
- Remove the squash halves, but keep the oven heated. Melt butter in the "bowl" of each half. Next put in half the cottage cheese in each squash half, followed by the other ingredients, saving the brown sugar for last. Adjust the amounts of the ingredients to taste (or as necessary to make a mound in each squash half). Put the cookie sheet with the squash halves back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Let cool for two minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More