- Cooking Time: 12 hours
- Servings: 16-20
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 16 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 TBSP vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1 (6 oz.) package ladyfinger
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 TBSP bourbon (optional)
- 1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add tea bags. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Discard tea bags. Add one cup sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Bring tea to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 20-22 minutes (mixture should be reduce to approximately one cu). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 3. Meanwhile prepare other components for the tiramisu. Stir together mascarpone, vanilla paste or extract, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 4. Beat whipping cream at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- 5. Cut ladyfingers in half horizontally with a sharp knife. Arrange 24 halves, flat sides up, in an 11x7 baking dish. Drizzle half the tea over the top and allow it to absorb. Top with half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat. Cover and chill at least 12 hours.
- 6. To serve, toss peach slices in bourbon, if desired. Cut tiramisu into 16-20 pieces. Garnish with peach slices and berries.
NotesThis southern adaptation of an Italian classic was a delicious contribution to a summer baby shower.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Adventures in CookingSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More