- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 15
- 12 regular size Lipton tea bags (sometimes we use decaf so the kids aren't bouncing off the walls.
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar or agave syrup
- 1 gal pitcher and water to fill
- Boil 4 cups water and remove from heat.
- Place 12 bags in water and steep for 5 min, no longer.
- Remove bags from water; do not squeeze, just drip dry then discard.
- Stir in sugar or syrup while still warm so it melts.
- Pour concentrate into gal pitcher and fill with cold water.
- Over steeping causes that bitter aftertaste as does the squeezing of the bags.
NotesWhen McDonald's brought their sweet tea to the north, we were addicted. However, it was a bit sweet for us. We know the southerners love theirs very sweet, but we have a diabetic in our family so we tweaked it a bit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More