Sweet and Pungent Pork
1 pound lean pork, cubed
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons peanut oil
2 green peppers cut into ¾”cubes
1 sliced onion
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can (8¼ -ounce) pineapple chunks (reserve juice for sauce)
½ cup chicken broth
1 can chicken broth
⅓ cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons catsup
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Reserved pineapple juic
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and then set aside.
2. Combine pork with cornstarch in bag; shake until well coated then shake off excess.
3. Heat peanut oil in wok; add pork and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer pork to dish.
4. Put peppers, onion, and snow peas in wok; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add ginger then return pork to wok. Add pineapple, broth, and sauce; bring to boil then reduce heat.
6. Combine a little cornstarch and water; add gradually as needed to thicken.
7. Serve over rice.