- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel. Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan. Place on the aluminum foil. Sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt and chill.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More