- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Dulce de Leche Girl Scout Cookies, coarsely crushed
- 2 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 16 endive leaves (about 2 heads)
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, cookie crumbles, bacon and cranberries. Carefully fill each of the endive leaves with the cheese mixture. Drizzle the balsamic reduction evenly over the endive. Serve immediately.
NotesRecently, I had the honor of competing in an "Iron Cookie" competition to help celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the Girl Scouts. This was my appetizer entry using the Dulce de Leche Girl Scout cookies I have to say, this little bite has it all--crispy bacon, sweet, crunchy cookies, tangy balsamic reduction, chewy and tart cranberries, creamy goat cheese.....all nestled in the cutest little endive boats. I'll be making this again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More