- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plum jelly
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast, skinned, cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- vegetable oil for frying
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Cut up tomatoes and set aside.
- Blend reserved juice, plum jelly, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and bouillon granules in small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- For batter, blend all ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Add chicken.
- Stir to coat.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil in large saucepan to 350ºF.
- Remove several pieces chicken from batter with slotted spoon.
- Add to oil.
- Fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Discard oil, reserving 2 tablespoons in saucepan.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in tomato juice mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pineapple chunks, chicken and tomatoes. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve with rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More