- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- For the Chicken:
- 3-4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- For the Sauce:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup vinegar (preferably rice or white)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Working in two batches, toss the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then coat with the egg. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and again in two batches, brown the chicken, turning it so that all sides are browned.
- 4. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish.
- 5. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour evenly over the chicken. Turn the chicken to ensure each piece is coated.
- 6. Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.
NotesSweet and sour chicken that will make you think you ordered take out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More