- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- For the Chicken:
- 3-4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- For the Sauce:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup vinegar (preferably rice or white)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Working in two batches, toss the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then coat with the egg. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and again in two batches, brown the chicken, turning it so that all sides are browned.
- 4. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish.
- 5. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour evenly over the chicken. Turn the chicken to ensure each piece is coated.
- 6. Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.
NotesSweet and sour chicken that will make you think you ordered take out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More