- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryI was taught that the combination of vinegar and sugar in several recipes was a uniquely Norwegian flavor, used in my father's family for generations. This recipe has continued to be a favorite down through my grandkids.
- 1 large cucumber quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (or equivalent sweetener)
- Mix the dressing ingredients to get rid of the lumps. The result should produce a "wow" to the tastebuds, sweet but with a punch. Surprisingly, if it isn't quite right, it almost always means a bit more vinegar is needed. Stir dressing into cucumber slices and serve immediately. Can be refrigerated but isn't quite as good if it's too cold.