- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 large cucumber quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (or equivalent sweetener)
- Mix the dressing ingredients to get rid of the lumps. The result should produce a "wow" to the tastebuds, sweet but with a punch. Surprisingly, if it isn't quite right, it almost always means a bit more vinegar is needed. Stir dressing into cucumber slices and serve immediately. Can be refrigerated but isn't quite as good if it's too cold.
NotesI was taught that the combination of vinegar and sugar in several recipes was a uniquely Norwegian flavor, used in my father's family for generations. This recipe has continued to be a favorite down through my grandkids.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Italy or BustSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More