SWEET AND SOUR FLANK STEAK STIR FRY
- 1/2 lb. uncooked Asian rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 jar pickled peppers
- 1 teaspoon 5 spice seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 lbs. crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 bunches scallions, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
In a large bowl, soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the red wine, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, pickled peppers, garlic, 5 spice, salt, and pepper until blended; set aside.
In a large wok, stir-fry the scallions, mushrooms, and carrots in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook on medium heat and let simmer for 25 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Stir noodles and vegetables into beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.