- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T light oil
- 2 T flour
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1.5 T vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2.5 Cups cooked green beans
- Heat oil, add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and simmer until liquid is reduced about 2/3.
- Sugar and vinegar amounts can be changed to your taste.
- The juice from pickled pears or peaches instead of vinegar is also very tasty.
NotesAnother oldie...From Mrs Berkley.
Originally named Jewish sweet and sour green beans...But I never knew why.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More