- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T light oil
- 2 T flour
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1.5 T vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2.5 Cups cooked green beans
- Heat oil, add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and simmer until liquid is reduced about 2/3.
- Sugar and vinegar amounts can be changed to your taste.
- The juice from pickled pears or peaches instead of vinegar is also very tasty.
NotesAnother oldie...From Mrs Berkley.
Originally named Jewish sweet and sour green beans...But I never knew why.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
50 Shades of Taste
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More