SWEET AND SOUR GRILLED PORK LOIN WITH APPLES AND ONIONS
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2-3 lb. boneless pork loin
- 1 large red onion
- 2 green apples
- 1 1/4 c. Sweet and Sour sauce
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- Place pork loin in a shallow dish ir large xiploc bag and pour in 1 cup sweet and sour sauce.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Slice apples into quarters and remove cores.
- Slice one end off onion, remove skin, and slice into quarters, leaving one root end intact.
- Toss apples and onions in a medium bowl with 2 Tbls olive oil to coat.
- Place apples, onions, and pork on a preheated grill.
- Cook over medium high heat to sear, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until onions and apples are tender, remove from heat to a large piece of foil.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over onions and apples, fold foil into a packet and shake.
- Cook pork until it has reached an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees.
- Allow pork to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with onions and apples.
NotesYou can use any sweet and sour sauce recipe that you like for this dish. In a pinch I've used Marzetti's Fat Free Sweet and Sour dressing and it was delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More